We would like to reassure our patients of the processes that we have put into place so you can feel confident that you are safe should you need to see a doctor.
Should you be unwell and need advice from a doctor please do not hesitate to phone reception so they can book you in for a telephone appointment. Please make sure you provide the best contact number for the doctor to call you on.
Alternatively, you can register with our new online Doctor Link service: https://app.doctorlink.com/register. Doctor Link will run through a set of questions with you and advise the most appropriate service. Should you need to speak to a doctor you will be able to book a telephone consultation online.
The doctors will be making their calls throughout the morning and afternoon sessions, so please keep your phone to hand, times may vary.
It is also possible for the doctor to undertake a video consultation should they wish to see you. You will receive a text message which contains a link for you to click on. This will then open up a video consultation using the camera on you device. You will need to make sure that you allow you camera and microphone within your browser settings.
If the doctor needs to see you face to face we have implemented the following precautions to keep both our patients and staff safe:
1. Any patients or people in their household who have symptoms or a diagnosis of COVID-19 will be referred to the Hot Clinic at Rochester Healthy Living Centre. City Way Medical practice will only see patients if there is no risk of COVID-19.
2. We have split the practice into two zones. Zone 1 is for our high risk / shielding patients. Zone 2 is for those who do not fall into the high risk criteria and are less at risk from complications.
3. Zone 1 is accessible through the front of the building on City Way. Zone 2 is accessible through our main entrance.
4. You must wait outside or in your vehicle until you are called.
5. Prior to access a member of the nursing team will assist you with putting on mask and gloves.
6. The doctor will also be wearing full PPE prior to your entrance.
7. The contact will be minimal, in and out. Should the doctor need to continue with the consultation once the examination is over it will continue over the phone.
8. The clinical room and equipment used will be decontaminated between each patient.
9. Each zone has a dedicated doctor and member of the nursing team to assist. There is no cross over in the zones.
It is also very important that we continue to deliver cervical smears and immunisations. We have also implemented a similar process for these. You will be contacted by the nurse prior to your appointment so they can obtain the relevant clinical history ensuring face to face contact is minimal. Full PPE will be in use and rooms decontaminated between each patient.
We are currently in the process of recruiting volunteers who will be able to drop equipment to patient’s houses so they can take readings such as blood pressure and oxygen saturations for the doctor. This will reduce the need for patients to attend the practice.
Should you need an appointment I hope you find the changes to our service reassuring.